Your work-life balance is demonstrative of your overall health and well-being. Too much work without any relief can be stressful and detrimental to your physical health. Too little work and you can’t pay the bills. Most entrepreneurs work too hard because they want to be successful. While there are times when you do have to put in extra hours, you should consider your work-life balance.
How do you know when you’ve crossed the line into workaholism?
Here are five signs.
- You can’t turn off your work thoughts. When you’re with family and friends, if you can’t stop thinking about work, you might be a workaholic. It’s okay to daydream occasionally and come up with ideas but thinking about the office on your off-time signifies a problem.
- Your loved ones worry about you. If you’re struggling with relationships outside of work, you may be overdoing it. When was the last time you enjoyed dinner with your kids? Did you miss a milestone in your marriage?
- How do you define your worth? Is your self-esteem tied to your work? You might be an addict. If you feel devastated when you make a simple mistake or don’t get good results, you may not have a good work-life balance.
- Your health is suffering. Stress makes you feel tired and irritable. When you aren’t sleeping well, eating right and experiencing health issues, you may be under too much stress from work. You need to give your body a rest.
- You work longer than your colleagues. Even if you’re the boss, you shouldn’t be putting in so many hours that you’re not ever home. It sounds counterintuitive, but when you take breaks and time off, you’ll be more productive than trying to press through. Take some downtime to enjoy life.
Contact Mossberg Strategic Capital for financing to help you in your business.